Sunday, January 22, 2012

Gene test drive the Ferrari F1 brings live action

Shell in Qatar executive vice president, Andy Brown, with test driver Marc Gene, Omar Alfardan and other officials at the event yesterday

Ferrari test driver Marc Gene became the first person to drive a Formula One car on the Corniche yesterday, when he participated in demonstrations in the streets of the crowd of spectators.After an impressive run, including a number of pit stops to give fans look closely at the work concerned, the Gulf Times, Gene talked about unity and hope for the Ferrari 2012 season.




Today, more easily than normal - it's much easier to drive in a Grand Prix since there is no competition, but must ensure that security was not a problem because security is more important for Shell and Ferrari, "said the gene. " Time goes according to plan, "he said, adding that he did not feel comfortable doing donuts in your car turn, until the last minute. 

"It's hard and I must say that before I thought it would not because the room was not too big and when it starts to turn around, you lose a little awareness about how close you are to the wall."I told the team I did not, but when I started doing it at the same time, I changed my mind, so I went downstairs and make two or three is 360 because I know that Qatar wants to see the smoke and noise" he said, "but it's amazing how I can change my mind when the top." 

"People are very happy and I think I saw the show a unique - if you've never seen an Formula One car, to see one like it's something you remember for the rest of his life," said test pilot .Gene said he could see again the Grand Prix came to the region in the future, as the Middle East continues to grow and develop a passion for motor sports."It's important because it is a growing market for Ferrari road cars are very important," he said, adding "Our drivers are very happy to come to the Middle East, and do not be surprised if you see any other country has a grand prize - which is Here is our drivers. " 

"I think we can see the best championship history in terms of drivers, because we have six world champions and we've never seen before - a very strong team and win the championship is always very difficult, but especially now," said . 

Gene said the new overtaking rules has worked well, and expressed confidence that there are some very exciting and competitive races in the calendar year.He also said he believes Fernando Alonso became the world's best racer. "I'm not saying this because I am a Ferrari, or because I'm Spanish, I think is the most comprehensive pilot - another very good driver and Vettel deserved to win this year, but I think Alonso is the best in the world," said . 

And fans will surely be thrilled with the ability to see events similar to street demonstrations, held in Doha in the future. "I think the hardest thing is to come first, and this event was so successful that I will be happy to be back," says Gene.

Source From  gulf-times

No comments:

Post a Comment